Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health. Are you ready to try it out?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of one of our PADI Professional staff. Get ready to:
* Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
* Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
* Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
* Have fun swimming around and exploring.
* Hear about becoming a certified diver through our PADI Open Water Diver course.
We utilize the pool at Georgetown University Yates Field House for our pool sessions.
We will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a cylinder.
Visit our store, contact us, or sign up below for a Discover Scuba Diving session and get a Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide. Your Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques our staff will review with you. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.
Pricing includes the following:
* Rental Equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, weights, regulator, BCD, wetsuit, and cylinder)
* Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide
* Pool Fees
* Instructor Fees
* Administrative Fees