Dry Suit Diver Course`
Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often. This suit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water.
If you’re at least 10 years old and certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher, you can enroll in the Dry Suit Diver course.
Want to stay warm? Want to extend your scuba diving season? Then dive dry. A dry suit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water. There is incredible diving in the world’s cooler regions and in some areas, conditions are even better in colder months. Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often.
The first thing you’ll discover is which dry suit style and accompanying undergarments are right for you and the diving you’ll do. Then you’ll learn how to take care of your dry suit. (Knowledge Development)
During two open water dives (Milbrook Quarry, Haymarket, VA or Juturna Springs, Woodsboro, MD), in addition to a confined water dive (Georgetown University Yates Field House Pool), you’ll practice:
- Putting on and taking off your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- Mastering buoyancy control using your dry suit.
- Dive safety procedures when using a dry suit.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
Clearly a dry suit is necessary along with your basic scuba equipment. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff will explain other gear or equipment options you may need to dive comfortably with your dry suit. For example, because you’re more buoyant in a dry suit than in a wetsuit, you may want a different weight system setup.
Pricing includes the following:
* Rental Equipment (weights, regulator, BCD, drysuit, and cylinder)
* PADI Dry Suit Diver Manual, Pool Water exercises and scenarios
* View the PADI Dry Suit Diver DVD
* Pool Fees
* Instructor Fees
* Administrative Fees
* Quarry Entrance Fees
* Certification Fees
* Pricing does not include the following and must be provided by the participant: Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots, Transportation to and from the pool or quarry. As a thank you for taking the course with us we provide a discount for all items purchased at our shop while taking the course.
You can cancel/reschedule your class at any time up prior to the start of the pool session. If you need to cancel/reschedule to another session you can update your booking online up to 7 days prior to the desired session, please contact us to reschedule your booking if less than 7 days prior. If you cancel, your booking you will refunded minus any eLearning Pack